Virtual Private Server
The use of an MT4 expert advisor that manages a trade requires that your computer always be on and connected to your broker's server. For many traders, that's not always possible. A solution for this is to rent a virtual private server, a VPS. This allows you to load and run your trading platform and EAs on a computer that is always up and connected to your broker. There are many VPS's available. We have chosen the one from SWVPS--it works well for us and the price is right. However, if you are a power user, let's say you want to trade more than 6 trading accounts/platforms, then you might consider a more expensive VPS with more memory.Purchase and Setup instructions for SWVPS
(Please read this before you ask for help)
The Benefits of a Virtual Private Server:
- You DO NOT need to have your computer on when using a VPS
to host your trading platforms.
- You will never worry about your Internet or computer slowing
down or crashing to keep you out of trades.
- The server is fully dedicated to your trading platforms with no
other applications running.
- The server is redundant and climate controlled which practically
eliminates outages of your MT4 platform.
- The servers have professional security and firewall measures
installed so your trading platform will be hacker free unlike your
- You can continuously run your EA’s and Robots worry free 24/7.
- MT4 email alerts can be sent from the server to your home PC.
- News Trading software runs faster on the VPS than on your home PC.